Thank you for visiting the Integrative Conservation (ICON) Ph.D. Program website! If you are interested in applying to the program, please complete this form to request more information.
- To apply to the ICON PhD Program you must apply through one of four home departments (Anthropology, Geography, Ecology, or Forestry and Natural Resources). Each department has different application deadlines and guidelines (please see departmental websites for details). The ICON application codes are:
- Integrative Conservation and Anthropology (PHD_ICAN)
- Integrative Conservation and Ecology (PHD_ICEC)
- Integrative Conservation and Forestry and Natural Resources (PHD_ICFR)
- Integrative Conservation and Geography (PHD_ICGE)
- Visit the University of Georgia Graduate School website for admissions information for domestic applicants and international applicants, and to apply online. Click here for information on student fees.
- Application Fee Waivers: Participation in certain programs may qualify you for a waiver of the application fee. Please check the Graduate School website for a complete list of participating programs and instructions on how to apply for an application fee waiver.
- For full consideration for assistantships, some departments require that you apply before December 1st.
- In addition to departmental application requirements, you must also complete the ICON Supplemental Essay (please email your essay to email@example.com by January 1st).
Watch our promo to learn more about the ICON Program and to hear what our students, Jessica Chappell, Brian Crawford, Linda Kosen, and Steve Padgett-Vasquez think about the program.
For more information
Please contact Dr. Nik Heynen, ICON Program Graduate Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).